Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Grant recommendation from Donor-Advised Fund
Memorial or Tribute gift
When you make a memorial or tribute gift to Seattle Humane and honor someone special in your life, you’re expressing your love, admiration and gratitude in a very meaningful way. Your gift will honor your loved one and impact animals in need of care and in search of their forever home for now and future generations.
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Seattle Humane. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact in connecting animals with Furmilies who love them.
Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Seattle Humane.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Seattle Humane, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Seattle Humane, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Gifts of Real Estate
You can donate appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch, or commercial property. This is an easy and effective way to reduce your taxes, protect your assets, and help animals in need of rescue. What’s more, you can leave this generous gift while you continue to use the property throughout your lifetime, and you may receive a tax deduction for your gift.
Please Note: To ensure we are able to accept and use your gift as intended, please let us know if you are interested in using your gift of real estate to provide love, hope, and shelter for animals in need. Our team will be happy to help.
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to continue making a difference in the lives of animals. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Gifts of Cash
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Seattle Humane. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while you promote animal welfare. You can make your gift online with our secure online donation form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
13212 SE Eastgate Way
Bellevue, WA 98005
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Complimentary Planning Resources
Learn more about easy ways to leave a legacy with our free guides!
Your Giving Toolkit
The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.