PawPrints Planned Giving Society
To thank and recognize caring donors who have remembered Seattle Humane in their estate plans through wills or other planned gifts, Seattle Humane established the PawPrints Planned Giving Society. Estate gifts like these provide care and services for thousands of orphaned animals each year while they wait for us to find them homes of their own. Because of your generous support, Seattle Humane has become the safety net for lost and abandoned companion animals in our community.
PawPrints members have the opportunity to become involved in the ongoing life of Seattle Humane through the following:
- Exclusive appreciation activities and events
- Tours and special presentations
- With their permission, members are listed throughout our facility
Leader of the Pack
BENEFIT LEVELS AND RECOGNITION
As a Leader of the Pack, you join a compassionate and generous community of animal lovers. Your support provides the foundation of the life-saving work we do, and thanks to you, thousands of orphaned and abandoned animals are saved each year. Seattle Humane recognizes Leader of the Pack donors who give $1,000 and more in a calendar year. Members are offered special opportunities for engagement and to experience first-hand the impact they are making on the lives of the animals at Seattle Humane.
$1,000 – $2,499
- Recognition as a Leader of the Pack at Seattle Humane and on our website
- Year-end summary of your giving and annual report
- Hosted behind-the-scenes tours of the shelter led by senior staff
- Invitation to annual Leader of the Pack celebration to mingle with fellow pack members
$2,500 – $4,999
Includes Best Friend benefits, plus:
- Complimentary microchipping for one pet
- Invitation to unique seasonal events
$5,000 – $9,999
Includes Rescuer benefits, plus:
- Name a litter of kittens and receive a photo of your virtually adopted family
- Consultation with one of our staff animal experts to help with an issue your pet is having
$10,000 – $24,999
Includes Lifesaver benefits, plus:
- Private event with our CEO to discuss animal welfare and hear your thoughts as an animal advocate
- Day-in-the-life opportunity to shadow one of our life-saving teams and staff member
$25,000 – $49,999
Includes Protector benefits, plus:
- Certificate for the adoption of a pair of kittens (limited to use during spring “kitten season”)
- Personalized tribute brick installed in the sidewalk in front of the Adoption Center (limited supply)
$50,000 and more
Includes Guardian benefits, plus:
- A profile of you on Seattle Humane’s website and/or newsletter to recognize your generosity
- Kitten Cuddle Party for eight guests at the shelter or your business (limitations
- Be a vet for a day and see firsthand the lifesaving surgeries done in the medical center
Benefits may change during the year. Limitations apply for some benefits, including some only available during certain times of year and when staff time and resources are available. Recognition as a Leader of the Pack is optional and you may choose to be listed as anonymous. Exclusive benefits may also be available based on your personal interests. For questions about eligibility or to access your benefits, please contact:
Monthly gifts from our Furmily members help dogs, cats and small animals while they’re in our care. These sustaining donations help support veterinary care, food, treats, toys, dog training, bedding and much more.
About joining our Furmily:
- Signing up takes just a minute. Your monthly gifts are secure, automatic, and you can cancel at any time.
- When you enroll, an automatic charge will be made on your credit or debit card each month.
- As a Furmily member, you’ll receive fewer mailings, ensuring more of your support goes directly for animal care and supplies.
- Monthly gifts of $84 or more qualifies you as a Leader of the Pack member, Seattle Humane’s major supporter program.
- Furmily members receive a statement each January for the previous year’s donations – a convenient way to prepare for your taxes.
Your Giving Toolkit
This information is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For assistance in planning your gift(s), please consult a lawyer and/or financial advisor for professional advice.